The decree of 28 April 2017 on the renewal and determination of the seniority of employees under seasonal contracts specifies the guidelines for seasonal employment.
Who is concerned?
This new ordinance complements the provisions made under Article L1244-2-1 of the Labour Code. The latter came into force on 29 April 2017 and was published in the Official Journal of the 6th of May 2017. The provisions of the said article cover all those branches defined by this decree and where seasonal employment is commonplace. However, the ordinance states that there must be no stipulation concerning the renewal and determination of the seniority of employees under seasonal contracts.
List of activities employing seasonal workers
The following list corresponds to Article 1 of the aforementioned decree and lists all those branches where seasonal contracts are commonly proposed:
– support companies
– retailers-manufacturers of confectionery, chocolate, biscuits
– production activities for bottled water, soft drinks and beer
– recreation, attractions and cultural areas
– outdoor hotels
– hotels, cafés and restaurants
– diving centres
– garden centres and grain mills
– trading companies and the products industry for fertilizers and related products
– ski lifts and ski areas
– trade in sports goods and leisure equipment
– social and family tourism
– road transport and activities auxiliary to transport
– wines, ciders, fruit juices, syrups, spirits and liqueurs